Cheats and Walkthroughs
Call of Juarez: The Cartel was released with little more than box art and an announcement telling us that the game would be set in modern times and take you from Los Angeles down to Juarez. Of course, that news alone was enough to spark controversy, and people have been calling for the game to be banned.
Well, we finally have more details about the game to share with you, including the video above, and you can decide for yourself if this is something you'll want to play when it releases this summer on the Xbox 360, One thing Ubisoft wants you to keep in mind is, "As with past Call of Juarez games, Call of Juarez: The Cartel is from inception to execution, a Western shooter." Read on for more details
Call of Juarez: The Cartel has a deep and gritty storyline that begins with a fictional drug cartel bombing a U.S. law enforcement agency, devastating the building and killing hundreds of people. The attack is a surprise, leading the U.S. to believe that cartel members had somehow infiltrated federal agencies. In a last-ditch effort, the U.S. puts together a special task force to hunt down and stop the drug cartel. The task force consists of:
- Kim Evans, a gang-affiliated street kid-turned-FBI agent
- Eddie Guerra, a DEA agent with a chronic gambling habit
- Ben McCall, a brutal LAPD detective and descendant of Ray McCall from the original Call of Juarez
As the task force trio searches for the head of the cartel, they're confronted with a variety of challenges that take them on a journey from Los Angeles, California, through Arizona and New Mexico to Juarez, Mexico. To complicate things further, Kim, Eddie and Ben each have their own personal challenges and demons to face, which makes for a complex and high-adrenaline gaming experience driven by a rich storyline evident throughout the Call of Juarez franchise.
Key features include:
- Three player online co-op with Kim Evans, Eddie Guerra and Ben McCall
- Gamers can play the entire campaign with each of the three characters; each character has his/her own unique story and ending
- Huge selection of weapons including pistols, machine guns, sniper rifles, anti-air weapons and more
- Wide variety of maps and missions including punitive raids, witness protection, undercover missions, and car chases
Look for more Call of Juarez: The Cartel details soon, including what Ubisoft promises to be a "twist" on the three player co-op. My money is down on the table betting that one of the three will go bad, and it'll pit player against player. Oh, and Steve? Get ready to play some Mindjack.