The Flip Slide HD pocket camcorder offers HD video recording and a 3" widescreen with stereo speakers to watch the footage you shot on the go! Kevin Pereira and Candace Bailey review the pocket camera that can record 720p video for up to 4 hours and retails for $200.
What You Need To Know
- The Flip Slide HD is a little larger than what we're used to: it's almost twice the thickness of the Flip Mino and a little wider/longer.
- The size of the pocket camcorder is for the slide-out screen that's supposed to help show off your videos.
- We found it fun to play videos for friends but the real problem is the wonky interface.
- Once you slide the Flip camera out, you can play videos by tapping on them.
- Swiping or using the swipe strip below the screen takes you to the other videos, but both aren't easy to do due to the inaccuracy of the screen and strip.
- Tap and hold changes the volume or favorite videos.
- The camera might move around on the table when you're tapping it.
- Shooting video is just like video recording on the Flip Mino, except all the controls are on the not very responsive touch screen.
- We wish they had made the viewfinder a little larger since they had the whole screen to play with.
- The Flip has the best quality video out of all the pocket camcorders.
- Normal light video looks great with bright and accurate colors.
- There's a surprising amount of deal but no image stabilization feature.
- Low light video is also good, especially for a cheap pocket camcorder.
- The footage is grainy but you'll have brighter video than expected.
- $200 with 16 GB of storage.
- 2 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
- We love the video quality but using this Flip Slide HD isn't nearly as easy as it should be.
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.