Open-world super-heroic simulator InFamous 2 will be released in North America on June 7, 2011! The game, a PS3 exclusive, was developed by Sucker Punch Productions, the team behind the original InFamous. A hero Cole MacGrath, you'll be using advanced elemental superpowers, a new melee fighting system, and destructible environments in the Southern city of New Marais, which is clearly patterned after New Orleans.
"Combining all-new dynamic open world gameplay and an evolved karma system, the second chapter in the best-selling franchise promises to bring back everything fans loved about inFamous and more," said Scott A. Steinberg, vice president, product marketing, SCEA. "inFamous 2 is Sucker Punch's most ambitious game yet and is poised to once again be PS3's summer blockbuster with a more visceral, emotional and powerful take on the true superhero experience."
Scheduled to be released simultaneously with the game, the inFamous 2 "Hero Edition" will feature:
- A detailed, 8.5" Cole statue,
- a replica of Cole's sling messenger bag,
- the inFAMOUS mini comic from DC Comics, and
- a collector's edition soundtrack with bonus tracks.
- Vouchers for in-game exclusives include the new Lightning Hook power that snares enemies and objects towards Cole, the Electrocution Grenade power that shocks nearby enemies with arcing electricity and immobilizes them before detonation,
- a Kessler character skin that allows players to play as the sinister antagonist from the first installment, and a
- 24K Gold Amp to melee enemies in style.
You can pre-order inFamous 2 today. Get it!