The LG Quantum features a 3.5" touch screen, slide out keyboard and Windows 7 with access to Xbox Live games, Zune Marketplace and real time social feeds. Kevin Pereira and Candace Bailey check out the Quantum for its official Gadget Pr0n rating.
What You Need To Know
- The LG Quantum is pretty thin, especially for a phone with a slide-out keyboard.
- The smartphone is a little thicker than the iPhone and feels a little heavy.
- This LG runs on Windows Phone 7, which was fun to use as all the other Windows phones we've tested.
- The touch screen is just as responsive as an Apple device and navigating through menus is incredibly streamlined.
- The LG Quantum reminded us how well designed and easy to use the OS can be.
- The phone can run apps just as fast as other Windows phones and is actually faster than the HTC HD7 when loading games like Rise of Glory.
- Overall though, the app installation and loading takes a little while longer than expected.
- The slide out keyboard isn't too awkward with even sized and spaced keys that have a nice, tactile clicking feeling.
- The function and shift keys are way off to the left and are too small to press easily.
- The screen also doesn't always go into landscape mode when you slide out the keyboard, but this is more of a complaint about Windows 7.
- The camera is okay: the indoor picture quality is iffy at best and the flash washes everything out.
- The outdoor pictures are better but still not great.
- The camera also records 720p video, which looks as bad as the photos.
- Windows 7 doesn't have as many apps as Android or Apple, but there are still plenty of good apps available like Netflix, Twitter, Amazing Kindle and Dropbox.
- There are about 8,000 apps available to download.
- The Xbox Live feature offers around 50 games like Assassin's Creed, Need for Speed, Pac-Man and more.
- This is one of the best parts of having Windows Phone 7.
- $0.01 with an AT&T contract.
- 4 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
- Despite the camera and design issues, we really like what Windows Mobile has to offer and you can't beat the price!
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.