Cancel your weekend plans, stop making mountains of nachos, and send back all of those uncooked pizza rolls: the Steelers will win Super Bowl XLV according to EA's Madden NFL 11. But, it'll be a close game, so maybe you won't want to take the beer off the ice and put the saran wrap back on the deli tray just yet. How accurate has the video game simulation been in the past? Well, it's been right for six out of the last seven matchups, which is a pretty impressive record.
If you're not interested in spending all day drinking and screaming at your television on Sunday, then head on below the break to find out how the game plays out. After all, computers are never wrong. Right?
Steelers 24 - Packers 20
Down 13-17 going into the fourth quarter, Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers hit James Jones in the end zone to put the Pack up by three points with nine minutes left in the game. The defense for both teams kept the score tight throughout most of the fourth quarter, with neither willing to budge. After the two minute warning, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger hit Mike Wallace on a slant, and the wide receiver’s world-class speed helped outrace the Packers defense for a 36 yard touchdown pass; giving Pittsburgh the lead with 1:20 left on the clock.
With no timeouts, Rodgers led Green Bay into Pittsburgh territory as the nail-biting contest drew to a close. In a last second desperation attempt, Rodgers targeted receiver Jordy Nelson, but Steelers safety, Ryan Clark, picked off the pass, clinching Pittsburgh’s Super Bowl XLV victory. Pittsburgh wide receiver Mike Wallace was named Super Bowl MVP with five catches for 111 total yards and a touchdown.
- 12:37 PIT FG S. Suisham missed 41 Yd
- 7:58 PIT INT T. Polamalu, Intercepts ball on own 43
- 2:55 PIT TD R. Mendenhall, 2 Yd run (Suisham kick)
- 12:41 PIT FG S. Suisham, 32 Yd FG
- 8:46 GB FG M. Crosby missed 44 Yd FG
- 1:29 GB INT A.J. Hawk, Intercepts ball on Pittsburgh 39
- 0:26 GB TD G. Jennings, 12 Yd pass from A. Rodgers (M. Crosby kick)
- 8:59 PIT TD H. Ward, 17 Yd pass from B. Roethlisberger (Suisham kick)
- 5:10 GB FG M. Crosby, 49 Yd FG
- 1:16 GB FG M. Crosby, 38 Yd FG
- 9:00 GB TD J. Jones, 9 Yd pass from A. Rodgers (M. Crosby kick)
- 1:20 PIT TD M. Wallace, 36 Yd pass from B. Roethlisberger (Suisham kick)
- 0:20 PIT INT R. Clark, Intercepts ball on own 20