The Dell Streak tablet is one of the smallest and lightest tablet computers yet. Weighing only 7.7 oz and with a 5" multi-touch display running on Android 2.2, the Dell Streak offers web surfing, email and dual cameras for only $100 with a contract. Chris Hardwick and Candace Bailey review the Dell tablet.
What You Need To Know
- We've used a thousand Android devices so we know what the good and bad ones feel like, but this Dell Streak tablet was really good.
- The touch screen is one of the most responsive we've used with the swiping, scrolling and multi-touch all on par with an iOS device.
- The Dell Streak also has a unique X-Y axis design where you wipe up to get the menu, and swipe left and right for different home screens.
- Users will be pleasantly surprised with how well the Dell tablet works.
- Dell also included a bunch of custom widgets, like recent applications, music shortcuts and social networking.
- Each widget is the size of a home screen and are extremely well designed, which we applaud Dell for.
- The Dell Streak is almost as fast as the iPad or Droid X when using apps.
- The tablet is a little behind when launching our favorite app, Angry Birds, but we still think it's quick enough to handle every day tasks.
- The 5 megapixel camera comes with a flash and a second front facing camera for video conferencing.
- The dual cameras are only okay.
- Pictures blur easily in low light with just a little hand movement, even with the flash.
- You can also record HD video but it's kind of mediocre.
- The front facing camera is only VGA quality but works as advertised.
- The Dell Streak's web browsing features were really good.
- The tablet has the same browser that every other Android 2.2 device has, but the 5" screen with multi-touch really makes it work well.
- The Streak supports Flash and feels faster than even the Samsung Tab's browser.
- $100 with an AT&T contract.
- $400 unlocked on Dell.com.
- 5 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to email@example.com.