The Lenovo IdeaCentre B305 bridges the gap between TV and PC with its 21" HD touch screen, JBL speakers and ATI Radeon graphics for streaming media. Kevin Pereira and Alessandra Torresani review the $700 desktop PC.
What You Need To Know
- The Lenovo IdeaCentre B305 looks very simplistic with a solid black finish.
- It's less than 1" thin in the back with an adjustable stand.
- There are 4 USB ports and a cable coax hookup in the back.
- It's also wall mountable.
- USB/SD card ports are on the side and surround sound speakers are in the front.
- The B305 also has a 21" HD LED touch screen which is somewhat responsive.
- Accuracy needs work for smaller items like the minimize and close window buttons.
- It's one of the best interfaces to work with Windows 7.
- Multitouch allows you to rotate and pinch-and-zoom.
- Swiping options allow you to navigate through photos and browse the web.
- There's a spacious virtual keyboard.
- "All-in-one" means that you can use this desktop as a multimedia device, which is an all-in-one experience.
- The HD LED touch screen looks good for watching DVDs and videos.
- The Dolby JBL speakers sound great.
- It also comes with a remote control so you can access and navigate the Windows Media Center and use it as a DVR.
- The PC's performance was pretty good.
- our normal productivity benchmarks ran surprisingly well on an affordable desktop like this.
- You can also play games like Team Fortress 2 and StarCraft 2 on medium settings with no issue.
- $700 is the starting price but the configuration we review here is $950.
- It's a great multimedia device/desktop for college dorm rooms or if you're tight on space.
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to email@example.com.