The Black Friday deals continue to roll in, and the Panasonic TC-P50U2 50" Plasma TV caught our eyes. Blair Herter and Morgan Webb review the 1080p TV with a 600 Hz subfield drive on sale at Best Buy for only $700.
What You Need to Know
- This Panasonic U2 series 50" plasma TV seems pretty big and bulky at 4" thick.
- There are a few inputs mounted on the side, including an HDMI, so you can wall mount it.
- Even though it doesn't have any Internet widgets or many other features, it does have smooth motion technology, which works pretty well.
- It's a very subtle effect that makes it easier to see detail in fast moving scenes.
- If you don't like the over the top effect of smooth motion on an LCD, you'll like it on a plasma because it blends in.
- We've come to expect greatness from Panasonic when it comes to image quality, and this TV lives up to our expectations.
- Colors are vibrant and accurate, and the details are clearly defined, especially because of the smooth motion technology.
- You might see a little digital noise when you turn the brightness up but it's not too noticeable.
- Overall, it's spectacular.
- $700 for Black Friday
- Panasonic TVs have been one of the biggest surprises of the year because they look amazing and they're affordable. This one is no different.
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to email@example.com.