The Canon PowerShot SD4500 brings both high quality pictures and a compact size, while also offering 10 megapixels, 10X optical zoom and 1080p video recording. Kevin Pereira and Sara Underwood review the digital camera that retails for $325.
What You Need To Know
- The Canon SD4500 is a bit thicker and heavier than the previous PowerShot cameras, but it's still small enough to fit in your pocket.
- The design is bulkier because of the 10X optical zoom.
- The digital camera features the same layout as previous PowerShot models but the only difference is that the battery compartment is separate from the SD card slot.
- The SD4500 only comes in a chocolate brown color.
- The PowerShot cameras are made for the point-and-shoot consumer, which means the SD4500 interface is simple to use.
- It has a 3" LCD screen, large buttons and a radial menu dial.
- Users can quickly switch focus and flash settings with a push of the directional dial button.
- Other features include different shooting modes and special effects, which any camera novice should be able to use.
- You set the different shooting modes, like Face Detection and High Speed Burst Mode, through the radial dial.
- You can choose between specific effects like Poster, Fish-eye and Miniaturize Effect, all of which are fun options for the casual shooter.
- You can leave the camera on auto or switch to manual and have the ability to adjust the brightness, exposure/ISO, color tone and other image settings.
- The SD4500 shoots 10 megapixel stills and the image quality is good.
- Pictures looked sharp but a bit overexposed in daylight.
- The 10X zoom takes well focused shoots.
- In lowlight settings, the photos look a little soft but well defined when using the flash.
- The 1080p video recording has excellent quality: the footage looks just as sharp and bright as the Flip HD but with an optical zoom.
- There's an HDMI out to play back video on your monitor or TV.
- 4 Seals of Approval out of 5 (How do we rate gadgets?)
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to email@example.com.