Just a friendly reminder from your indie game-loving pals here at G4tv.com: this year’s International Festival of Independent Games, aka IndieCade, is underway in Los Angeles, California (Culver City if you want to be super detailed about it). It’s going to be a fantastic show, and we’re eager to get over there and lose ourselves in the wild and unfettered creativity on display in this year’s games.
We’ll be bringing you plenty of impressions and coverage of the festival’s general goings-ons, so stay tuned to G4tv.com for all of that. And just so you know, G4’s Adam Sessler is a judge at this year’s event, so you can expect a fair share of Sessler-ific thoughts on the festival as well.
If you are in the LA area, and you want to attend, hit the jump for all the details.
- Friday, October 8: 9am – 6:30pm
- Saturday, October 9: 10am – 6:30pm
- Sunday, October 10: 10am – 5:30pm
- 2010 Festival: IndieCade Conference Schedule
- Game Walk: Experience hands-on gameplay at the multiple game galleries located in downtown Culver City. Finalist games are available to play at the Culver City Fire Station, Gregg Fleishmann Studio, and WWA, as well as IndieCade success stories at Lunch, board games at Grand Casino Cafe, and more games at The Village designed by Gregg Fleishman. Click here to learn more.
- Outdoor Big Games: The "Big Games" portion of IndieCade takes games outdoors and gets players moving. Some games require advance sign up so click here to learn more about what you did to do so you don't miss out on these wildly fun events!
- IndieCade's Family Day: Sunday, October 10th is the perfect time to bring the whole family, even the kids, and it's FREE! With family friendly games at the Culver City Fire Station, board game and sock puppet work shops, chalk games, outdoor games, video game university sessions, interactive story books, and so much more, the kids will have a great time while also learning about this creative medium of expressing oneself.
- IndieCade 2010 Awards
If you’re seriously planning on attending, here is the ticket and pass info too. See you there!