Expectations are high with the Samsung NX10 digital camera, which boasts a 14.6 megapixel sensor for accurate colors, a 3" AMOLED screen, HD video recording and interchangeable lens capability. Kevin Pereira and Alison Haislip review this camera that retails for $600.
What You Need To Know
- The Samsung NX10 camera case is made of plastic, yet feels solid and weighs under a pound.
- It's smaller than your standard DSLR.
- The button layout is easy to use and has your standard set of photo options.
- The camera has an electronic view finder and an AMOLED screen which looks bright and crisp.
- It's equipped with a built-in pop-up flash or a hot shoe if you want to add an external flash.
- The camera also comes with Samsung's proprietary interchangeable 18-55 mm zoom lens and a 30 mm "pancake" lens, making this one of the smallest full size DSLR around.
- The camera was intended for beginner to mid-level camera users, which means it comes with a multitude of features that are standard for most DSLRs.
- Beginners can just leave the camera on Smart Auto Mode, which detects your background.
- More advanced users may want to set it to manual and adjust the settings themselves.
- The electronic view finder has an eye sensor and transmits the image to the eyepiece.
- It looks a little low res in the eyepiece, so you're better off using the AMOLED screen since there's no way to shut that feature off.
- The camera's optical image stabilization works well and will reduce shakiness.
- It can also shoot 30 consecutive shots with its burst mode.
- It also shoots in 720 p video, which looks okay.
- The video looks a bit grainy and there's a lot of digital noise when it's shooting fast motion but buyers should purchase this camera for its photo quality.
- The NX10 shoots 14.6 megapixel stills, which look great.
- The images come out bright and sharp in daylight settings.
- Colors are accurate and vibrant.
- Auto-focus almost always picks up what you want.
- Photos can be a little grainy and colors look dull in low light.
- In the right hands, you can take some great pictures after you figure out all the right settings.
- 4 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.