Ubisoft has revealed more details about the Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer beta that begins on October 4 exclusively for PlayStation 3 owners who pre-order the game before September 25. Sadly, one of those details isn’t that the beta will be available to everyone, but so it goes.
It was previously announced that the beta would include nine characters to choose from, two modes, and support for up to eight players. But now we know what players can expect when they jump into the Wanted and Alliance modes:
Wanted - Adversarial mode: From six to eight players
- Objective: Obtain the highest possible score by killing assigned targets.
- Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes
- In this game mode, players have 10 minutes to reach the higher score by assassinating other players. A target is assigned by the system and players can only kill that specific target. Interaction with the other players is not permitted unless they are either a target or a pursuer. If players kill innocents they will trigger an “open conflict”. The position of the player will be revealed to their target and then will have the ability to escape or to cancel the contract. If the target has identified one of his pursuers, he can stun him to cancel the contract and score points.
Alliance - Cooperative mode: Three teams of two players
- Objective: Obtain the highest possible score with your teammate by killing the assigned team. The teammates share the same character.
- Game session: 2 rounds of 4 minutes
- At the beginning of the round, a target team is assigned to each of the three teams. Those targets will not change for the entire round. During the round, players can switch between their two targets at anytime. Players will score by killing targets or escaping or stunning pursuers, but in addition, are rewarded by helping their teammate or performing cooperative actions like multiple kills in a row. At the end of the first round, all players will respawn and a new target is assigned to each team. The game session ends at the end of the second round.
The modes will be playable across two maps (Rome and Castle Gandolfo), but the community will be able to unlock a third map, Siena, as well.