The iPod Touch has a brand new look with a slew of new features! Kevin Pereira and Alison Haislip review Apple's latest generation of portable media players with its dual cameras, HD video recording and FaceTime capability.
Find the full review from Gadget Pron on Attack of the Show after the cut.
What You Need To Know
- The iPod Touch is thinner than the new Nano at just under 3/10ths of an inch thick.
- It weighs an ounce lighter than the iPhone4, so when this thing is in your pocket, you can barely feel it.
- They've added the same Retina Display that the new iPhone has, so it's the same experience.
- The Retina Display has an 960x640 resolution and is one of the most beautiful displays you can get on a mobile device.
- It may not have the contrast ratio that AMOLED screens do, but the detail and clarity is second to none.
- It also has the same improved interface as the iPhone 4, including multi-tasking and the A4 processor, which makes it much faster than the last iPod.
- Multi-tasking is also just as fast as you want it to be, so be ready to play a lot of games at once.
- They've added two cameras: one on the back and one in the front.
- New features include HD video recording, FaceTime capability and the Game Center, all of which work pretty well.
- The back camera is about only one mega pixel, so pictures are not the best.
- There's also no flash but you can record 720p video.
- We were surprised that Apple didn't give the Touch a better camera since the iPhone's camera is great.
- FaceTime works exactly like an iPhone 4, which means it's practically seamless.
- If you want to call someone, just enter their email address and call.
- Game Center is Apple's answer to multi-player gaming on the iPhone. You can ask friends to play online in certain games, or compare states and achievements.
- You can even talk to them while you're playing. Once this feature grows, it will be a lot of fun.
- Audio quality is good but again, you're going to need to buy a better pair of ear buds.
- 8 GB for $230
- 32 GB for $300
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to email@example.com.