With Canon's HS system, 10 megapixel sensor and DIGIC 4 image processor, the PowerShot S95 digital camera promises astounding photo quality, HD video recording and more. Kevin Pereira and Carrie Keagan review this $400 camera for its array of features.
What You Need To Know
- This is one of the sleekest digital compact cameras we've seen.
- It feels really light in your hand and is barely over an inch thick.
- It easily slides in your pocket since the only thing that protrudes is the lens.
- It's easy to use as any other digital camera.
- If you're familiar with Canon cameras, you'll be able to use this one with no problem.
- All the buttons are self explanatory and the rotational pad is nice.
- One thing they added is the control ring, which you can assign different functions to, like focus, exposure, zoom, white balance, etc.
- It's useful but might be a bit small to get your fingers around.
- This also features new image stabilization technology, HD video recording and a bunch of cool photo effects.
- All these features work pretty well for the most part.
- The hybrid image stabilization uses both an accelerometer and angular sensor to eliminate blur.
- HD video is a nice addition, especially because it looks really good.
- In low light, it doesn't have much grain and in normal light, the photos look incredibly sharp.
- Photo effects like fish-eye, miniature, and old-timey are fun to use.
- We know this kind of stuff is easily done in Photoshop, but it's nice to see how it looks on the camera.
- You can almost always rely on Canon to have great photo quality, and this one is pretty good.
- Normal light photos look fantastic and these are some of the most vibrant colors we've seen from a compact camera.
- Normal problems like soft focus and blur is very rare.
- Low light photos are only okay; with the flash, colors can look almost too saturated and pictures have some digital noise.
- The quality may improve slightly if you use the dedicated light more.
- 4 Seals of Approval out of 5 (How do we rate gadgets?)
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.