PAX is my favorite video game related show all year, hands down. Why? Because it's really for the gamers, and not the press, the industry, the men who live and breathe by the smell of money. This is a show made for the people with calluses on their fingers, and D20s in their pockets. If you're a gamer, no matter what your speed, PAX Prime 2010 has something for you.
We're covering a wide range of things at the show, ranging from the inFamous 2 panel, the Bungie panel, and D&D Live to things like multiple game demos, interviews, and plenty of photos and video from the show floor. But what am I really looking forward to? Well, you'll have to read on to find out. Plus, if you're planning on being at PAX, come hang out with us!
Here's what I'm looking forward this year while PAXing in Seattle:
- Tabletop gaming. I'm a huge tabletop game addict, and PAX has several floors worth of nothing but games. You can check them out, find some like-minded souls, and roll dice to your heart's content.
- Time-travel. What? Yes, that's right, there will be a DeLorean on-hand to look just like the one from Back to the Future as Telltale announces their plans for the BTTF game. Sweet. If no one is looking, I'm planning on stealing it and taking it up to 88 miles per hour to see what'll happen.
- Deathspank 2. I'm set to spend time with this very timely sequel, and totally looking forward to the Thongs of Virtue.
- Guild Wars 2: I was able to play this at Gamescom, but I chose a human character starting out at level one. This time, I'm jumping into a high-level Charr. Oh yeah.
- Portal 2 co-op. Playable. Need I say more? Well, actually I need to say a prayer for brains, because I'll need 'em.
- Seeing YOU at Feedback Live! We'll be doing Feedback in front of a live studio audience. Who knows what might happen? I mean, there's no one there to bleep Abbie! Chaos! That's Saturday at 5PM in the Pegasus for you folks at PAX, and we'll put it up as next week's episode for folks who couldn't make it.
But enough of my yakkin'. What are you hoping to see at PAX? And if you aren't going, what are you hoping to hear coming out of it? Just stay tuned for the sound of thousands of geek voices rising in chorus together as we all get our nerd on.