Rockstar Games announced today that it will release the Liars and Cheats pack, the second of four announced downloadable content packs for its recently expanded open-world western Red Dead Redemption, on September 21. Not only that, the pack will include the previously standalone Free Roam pack...for free.
Rockstar says that because of limits on how many free DLC packs it can release, and because it plans to release the Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack (which includes the Savvy Merchant and Expert Hunter outfits and related challenges) for free sometime soon, it decided to just bundle in the free roam DLC. Sweet deal.
Here are the new Liars and Cheats (plus Free Roam) pack details:
- Multiplayer Poker and Liar's Dice Games - One of the most fan-requested features comes to multiplayer.
- Multiplayer Horse Races - Ride out against your friends and foes online - with mounted combat guns blazing.
- The Explosive Rifle - A devastatingly destructive new weapon with its own new single-player and multiplayer challenges.
- 7 New Gang Hideouts - Posse up and take on the new Hideouts together to level up quickly.
- 4 New Hunting Grounds - New Hunting Grounds are now visible on the map for all to see, with some of the most action packed wildlife hunting yet.
- Stronghold Competitive Multiplayer Mode - Teams take turns in attack and defense in multi-tiered Competitive games.
- Posse Scoring and Leaderboards - Compare stats with other posses and compete to see who are the kings of the Free Roam frontier.
- Plus, 15 additional multiplayer characters from the Red Dead Redemption storyline are being made available as multiplayer characters, and more all-new Achievements and Trophies.
Rockstar also revealed the first details about the fourth announced DLC, the Undead Nightmare Pack. In this new single-player chapter, John Marston must fight his way through “zombie animals” and “mythical creatures” as he tries to rid the frontier of a zombie plague. It will introduce new gameplay mechanics, a new secret location, and new multiplayer modes, and cost $9.99 on PlayStation Network and 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live. The pack doesn’t have a release date just yet.
The Legends and Killers DLC released earlier this month, and introduced new multiplayer maps, the tomahawk, and eight characters from Red Dead Revolver as well. If you haven’t picked it up yet, check out our verdict to see if you should.