With a 10 million:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 240 Hz smooth motion and built in wireless, the Vizio TruLED 55" XVT553SV HDTVV offers a solid television viewing experience. Chris Hardwick and Kevin Pereira review this TV and its slide-out keyboard remote control that sells for $1,800.
What You Need To Know
- This is the sleekest Vizio television we've ever reviewed.
- All the inputs are underneath or on the side so wall-mounting this TV should be no problem.
- It's only 3" thick but features a standard, run of the mill design.
- It has built-in Wi-fi, access to Internet apps and a remote control with a slide out keyboard, all of which work well.
- The built-in Wi-fi is great because we hate running cables to every TV we review.
- Vizio's Internet apps are second to none with Flickr, Twitter, Netflix, Facebook, Pandora and access to a ton of online videos.
- Using the interface was fast, easy and pretty much exactly what we want.
- Vizio was smart to include a slide-out keyboard on their remote control, so searching for online content is easy.
- You can type just like you would on a cell phone.
- The remote control is also Bluetooth enabled so you don't have to point it at the TV.
- Vizio is known as a budget brand, and sometimes their picture quality corresponds to that, but this TV looks pretty good.
- The blacks are very deep because this TV has 120 zones of local dimming LEDs.
- As usual, you might get some blooming with scenes that have a lot of contrast.
- Colors are accurate and warm, but not as vivid as we'd like them to be.
- The 240 Hz smooth motion processing works pretty well but if it's turned up, you will see a lot of video processing and artifacting.
- 4 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
- The features and picture quality are really good, and it's one of the best buys we've seen on an LED TV.
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.