Crackdown 2 players who somehow don’t feel free enough to wreak the kinds of havoc they so desire will be pleased to hear the new details released by Microsoft today regarding the free “Toy Box” downloadable content, as well as a new premium DLC pack, for Ruffian Games’ zombie-infested, open-world action title.
The “Toy Box” DLC will once again give players access to the debug mode Keys to the City, which was introduced in the original Crackdown. It also includes a new Thruster Ability (i.e. rocket boots) for players hit Level 6 Agent skills, as well as the new multiplayer mode, Vehicle Tag, that lets eight players compete across six arenas (Speed is the Quay, Industrial Action, Maim Street, Skid Row, Beachhead and The Sum of Human Knowledge).
For those who’d rather splurge a little, you can fork over 560 Microsoft Points and get yourself:
- Two New Vehicles: Access two new vehicles: the wall climbing aquatic mini-tank called the Agency ATV and the Squad Chopper, which allows four players to jump in and man their own weapon, including the proximity mine launcher, precision rocket launcher, twin machine guns and nose machine gun.
- Five New Toys: Whether you’re soaring to greater heights or orchestrating a massive explosion, get creative with the following new toys: The Mass Driver (turreted gravity bending weapon), Portable Launch Pads (allows Agents to create their own launch pad jumps), Stickler Grenade (bouncing grenade that sets off smaller explosive charges as it bounces), Thrusters (allow vertical thrust), and Mags on Characters (allow Mag Grenades to be attached to characters).
- Two Avatar Awards: Deck your Agent in the latest gear. “Toy Box” offers two Avatar Awards to customise your Xbox Live Avatar with the Xbox Green Suit (must complete the Rocketeer Achievement) and Green Helmet.
- 10 New Achievements: Pacific City never sleeps and neither do the exploits. Industrious Agents will be rewarded with 10 new Achievements and 250 Gamerscore:
- Beyond the Infinite
- Run Get to the Chopper
- Tac Loc Takedown
- Burnt Offerings
- Mile High Club
- Never Give It Up
- One Careful Driver
- Wing a Ding Ding
- Hung Out To Dry
- Eight Agent Suit Colours: Pick up eight new shades of in-game armour for your Agent:
- Terror Firma
- Agent Orange
- May Contain Nuts
- Mega Agent
- Haz Mat
- Dem Apples
If you want access to the premium DLC but don’t feel like paying for it, all you need to do is join a multiplayer game with one of your friends who has it, and you’ll be able to use the vehicles and gadgets too. Microsoft hasn’t announced a release date for either DLC pack yet.