You requested it, so here it is: Kevin Pereira and Alison Haislip review the Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S smartphone powered by Android with a 4" super AMOLED touch screen, 5 megapixel camera, 1 GHz processor and more, all free with a contract.
What You Need To Know
- It feels kind of plastic-y, but it has a uniform design.
- The super AMOLED screen looks amazing with its 50,000:1 contrast radio, which is better than the iPhone 4's Retina display.
- It's not as bright or sharp as the iPhone 4.
- Avatar on this display looks beautiful.
- The 4" screen size is also nice, since it's not so big like the Droid X or small like the iPhone.
- The phone runs on Android 2.1 (Samsung plans to update to 2.2) and uses the Touchwiz interface, making the overall user experience great.
- The touch screen feels smooth and responsive, and supports multi-touch.
- Samsung's widgets are also really useful: the Buddies widget makes it easy to call or message your favorite contacts, and the Feeds widget aggregates Facebook, Twitter and Myspace all at a glance.
- Launching apps or playing media is just fast as the HTC Evo or iPhone 4.
- Overall, it's one of the slickest Android phones we've used.
- The phone comes preloaded with Avatar, The Sims 3, a mobile TV app called MobiTV and a five megapixel camera.
- MobiTV is cool because there are tons of live programs or OnDemand shows.
- It comes with a 30 day trial but after that, the service costs $10 a month.
- The camera is only okay and the picture quality is a little lacking, and there's no flash.
- It does have the ability to record HD video.
- It also supports 5.1 surround sound through earphones for when you watch a movie or listen to music.
- It comes with 16 GB of storage and is micro SD expandable.
- There's also DLNA streaming.
- $0.01 with a contract on Amazon.
- 5 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
- Amazing display, sleek interface and a ton of features, all free with a contract!
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.