Play music, charge your iPod, wake up on time and download apps with the iHome iA5 Dock! Kevin Pereira and Chris Hardwick review the new dock with its iHome+Sleep app where you can customize alarms, keep track of your sleep habits and even tweet when you wake up, all for $100.
What You Need to Know
- As iPod docks go, the iHome iA5 is a little bit smaller than normal ones and an average size for an alarm clock.
- It has a cool LCD display behind a mesh wire.
- The dock has large wakeup and volume buttons on the front and a snooze and app button on the top.
- The settings, equalizer buttons, and line-in jack are on the back.
- The speaker is only on the right side.
- Besides playing music from your iPhone or iPod, it's also an "app enhanced" alarm clock, which means it can do things such as personalize alarms and send status updates.
- You'll need to download the free iHome+Sleep app from the app store; the dock then syncs to your phone and allows you to personalize your alarms and set them to your favorite songs.
- You can check the weather and monitor your sleeping habits.
- You can even set it to send updates on your Facebook and Twitter accounts when you go to bed and wake up.
- It will give you your friends' status updates in the morning.
- If you want streaming radio, you'll have to download their iHome+Radio app for $2.
- The speaker quality is great for its size; it uses its proprietary Reson8 speaker chamber technology, which allows it to deliver a lot of sound with a smaller speaker.
- It works with iPhones so phone calls won't give you that interference sound.
- For $100, it's definitely worth a buy.
- 4 Seals of Approval Out of 5 (How do we rate gadgets?)
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.