Samsung brings you the power of projection on the go with their SP-H03 projector that measures only 1.5" and uses LED and DLP technology to project detailed images up to an 80" screen. Kevin Pereira and Alison Haislip review this gadget that sells for $300.
What You Need To Know
- The Samsung SP-H03 Pico Projector is so small, it's almost 3x3" wide and 1.5" thick.
- It weighs about half a pound and fits in your palm.
- It has touch sensitive selection and menu buttons on top of the projector.
- The focus adjuster and micro SD slot is on the side.
- There's a pop out case in the back for your PC, audio video in and mini USB ports.
- It has a built in speaker and sits on top of a rechargeable 2 hour battery.
- There's no way to adjust the projection angle and does not come with a tripod.
- Samsung claims this can project from almost any media source.
- It's easy to set up depending on what you're projecting.
- Once it's hooked up, you can select your source via the onscreen menu.
- Media files can be played off a micro SD card or off its 1GB internal memory.
- It comes with several adapters, including AV, mini USB and WVGA for your PC, giving you plenty of options.
- You can play videos off a Flip camera, laptop, or even hook it up to a gaming console.
- The image quality is so-so.
- It can project any size between 9" to 6' and has a WVGA resolution of 854x480.
- Once you get past a few feet, the footage looks blown out.
- Its LED projector has a 1,000 to 1 contrast ratio, but it doesn't look as crisp.
- The speaker quality is okay. You're not going to be able to host a drive-in movie but it's good enough for small presentations.
- 2 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
- We like its size and compatability with media sources, but we wish the image quality was better.
- There's no angle adjuster and you have to buy a tripod. We'd recommend this if the price was knocked down to $150.
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to email@example.com.