Rockstar Games have released the latest title update (version 1.03 for those keeping score at home) for their epic western Red Dead Redemption. The update will be applied the next time users sign onto PlayStation Network or Xbox Live.
Rockstar said a few weeks back that this update would introduce a few “anti-griefing” fixes to make multiplayer Free Roam more enjoyable for everyone (except troublemaking and childish jerky jerk faces). The new features are as follows:
- While in Multiplayer Free Roam, if a player achieves a kill streak of 6 or more without dying, they will become a Public Enemy and receive a $1000 bounty.
- While in Multiplayer Free Roam, if killed three times by any human player and each death is within 80 seconds of respawn, the victim is given the option to respawn away from the area.
Beyond tightening the reins on prairie punks, the update will also take care of these problems:
- Players now have the ability to swap shoulder buttons L1/L2, R1/R2.
- Players now have the ability to save game with cheats turned on.
- When playing the game with Region set to Asia, incorrect button prompts were displayed.
- Downloadable Outfits were not appearing in Change Outfits Menu after being unlocked.
- Invincibility cheat was turned off when activating Dead Eye.
- Occasionally, the player would not recover from being drunk.
- It was possible to have two player horses, with one permanently following the player.
- If equipped with the bandana, sliding doors would temporarily attach to the player’s head
I said yesterday that the update would be rolling in sometime before the upcoming Legends and Killers DLC releases on August 10. Take that, Stephen “Always Doubting Other People’s Predictions” Johnson!