It's hard enough to find a cheap home theater system that sounds good, which is why Energy developed their take on the classic 5.1 system with superior hardware, convergent source modules for even sound dispersion and more for $400. Kevin Pereira and Carrie Keagan take a look at the Energy Take Classic 5.1 Home Theatre System.
What You Need to Know
- Each satellite is only about .5’ tall and the center channel is just a little bit longer.
- The subwoofer might be a little big.
- You can take the grills off.
- The highs sound amazing; they are extremely piercing, but not at all muddy.
- The rumbling lows add to the overall room-filling quality of the speakers, but it's not overpowering.
- Our only complaint is that the mids might be a little too bassy; they don't get lost like a lot of other systems, but they're not quite as clear as we want them to be.
- We turned this system way up, and couldn't blow it out.
- On the whole, it sounds amazing.
- Unfortunately, you don't get a receiver as part of the set.
- This is one of the best home theatres we've ever reviewed, and the low price is just a bonus.
- 5 Seals of Approval Out of 5 (How do we rate gadgets?)
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to email@example.com.