Hey, cheap-ass gamers: I've got a bargain for you. A new game from Valve is available right now on Steam, and I think you'll like the price. It's free.
According to Valve, Alien Swarm " thrusts players into an epic bug hunt featuring a unique blend of co-op play and squad-level tactics. With your friends, form a squad of four distinct IAF Marine classes"
And it's free.
Here's a bullet-pointed list of the game's features.
- Tactical, 4 player co-op action game with a top-down perspective
- Complete game code and mod tools
- Unlock persistent items by gaining levels
- Over 40 weapons and equipment with countless loadout configurations
- 4 unique classes and 8 unique characters
- Matchmaking, Steam Cloud, Steam Stats
- 64 achievements
- Tile-based map generation tool
- Powered by Source and Steam
...and here's where you can download it. Free.
I gotta ask: Does Valve ever do anything that isn't awesome?