iBuyPower takes gaming PCs in a completely new direction with their Level 10 rig, with its eye-catching compartmentalized case, an Intel 6 Core Processor, 6 GBs of RAM and a 3 year limited warranty for only $3,500.
What You Need To Know
- This is one of the biggest gaming PCs we've had on the show.
- It measures over 2' high and 2'long.
- It weighs almost 50 lbs.
- The reason for the segmented design is that it should be easier to get in and add parts. Plus, each piece has its own ventilation and airflow, making it cooler and quieter.
- This actually works out: all you do is unlock the two locks that control each part of the case.
- The mini cases open up to reveal the motherboard, power supply, Blu-ray drives and six hard drive bays.
- There's plenty of room to work in each one of these compartments.
- One thing that might get a little complicated is cabling an extra hard drive or Blu-ray drive, since you will have to pull off the side and run cables through the back.
- Also in our testing, it's been very cool and quiet while playing games. There are very few fans.
- This PC has an Intel Hexa-core Processor and 6 gigs of RAM, so it's sort of living up to its massive frame.
- In our normal 3DMark Vantage graphics test, it scored relatively low for a computer of this caliber, mainly because it only has one video card.
- That said, it will still play any game on the market with maxed out settings.
- One thing it did really well was normal PC stuff like encoding video or Mp3's, editing and other productivity tasks, which we tested using PCMark Vantage.
- 3 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
- We like the case design but the performance was kind of lacking.
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.