BioWare today announced the first official details about their much anticipated sequel Dragon Age II. The full skinny on the Dragon Age: Origins follow-up will appear in a cover story in the next issue of Game Informer, but BioWare has revealed some preliminary details to get your bits in prime chomping position.
- Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
- Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
- Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
- Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
- Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.
An official Dragon Age II trailer will be released on August 17, and eager fans can start placing preorders for the game starting at 10:00am today. No release date is currently known, however BioWare did tease via an insert in copies of Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening that something Dragon Age related would be coming February 1, 2011. Seems like as good a bet as any at this point.