UPDATE: The orange figure is a version of the Spartan "Hazop Gold" and will be a Toys 'R Us exclusive.
I don't have a good answer as to why, but my first McFarlane Toys purchase was of Patrick from Species II. I didn't like the movie, and I didn't even love the character, but I just found myself giddy from the goofiness of the creature. Later, it was very clear why I NEEDED to buy more McFarlane Toys (Ash from Army of Darkness and The Thing figures are still some of my favorites), and when they branched into video games with Metal Gear Solid, I was hooked for life.
Which makes it all the more exciting to bring you these two exclusive first looks at McFarlane Toys' upcoming Halo: Reach line. Coming in September, the first wave of 5-inch figures will be upon us and our wallets. Beyond the weapons and more than 20 points of articulation, Series 1 will include the following:
- Noble 6: the player's character in Halo: Reach with assault rifle
- Emile: the visually unique, early fan-favorite character, with a shotgun and knife, as well as an etched skull emblem on the helmet
- Jorge: the largest of the Noble Team Spartans, a heavy weapons specialist with a unique machine gun. Jorge's 6-inches compared to the other team at 5
- Spartan: a customized version of the game's main character; features interchangeable armor pieces and an assault rifle
- Elite: the game's main enemy; perfect for "army building" comes with a Needler and stands at 6-inches as well to be imposing and scary
- Grunt: a new version of the popular Grunt enemy, features the new armor type and a Plasma pistol and is the shortest of the bunch at 4 inches.
I couldn't keep up with all of the Halo 3 line, but maybe I'll get ahead of the curve in September. To see our two exclusive first look shots at the Halo: Reach Series 1 line from McFarlane Toys, you simply need to click the image or the link above to be rewarded of a much larger shot of Emile and someone who has gotta be one bold MF to wear bright orange in a firefight for survival. For more Halo goodness, be sure to check out Spawn.com.
Between these and The Venture Bros. toys coming in August, it's going to be a toy-riffic year. What say you? You going to pick up some of these for your desk or room, or perhaps to guard the milk in your refrigerator?