Design, technology and affordability come together in this Toshiba REGZA 46UX600U 46" LED TV, which not only has a 3 million to 1 dynamic contrast ratio, but PixelPure technology, and more for $1300. Find out more in this review with Kevin Pereira and Chris Hardwick.
What You Need To Know
- This is one of the more stylish LED televisions we've seen.
- Half the inputs are underneath and half are on the side, so you shouldn't have much trouble wall-mounting it.
- It's only 2" thick and the design features a standard black border.
- Toshiba was one of the first companies to include a Wi-fi adapter in the box, so you can easily access their Internet widgets.
- We were surprised at how much content there was and how easy it was to navigate.
- There are thousands of podcasts from CNN, Discover, NBC, HBO and more. There's even Attack of the Show!
- You can log in to Facebook and Twitter, stream Voodoo and Pandora, while also checking the weather.
- Overall, it's one of the best Internet-enabled televisions we've used.
- The television looks okay: the blacks are not as deep as we expected from an LED backlit TV. Sometimes, there's a visible amount of grain in darker scenes.
- The colors are relatively vibrant and accurate, but it's not quite up to par with the Panasonic and Samsung TVs.
- The 120 Hz feature doesn't feel like it eliminates blur much at all. It's barely noticeable, which might be a good thing for some people.
- Overall, the picture quality is average.
- 3 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to email@example.com.