At its E3 2010 press conference earlier today, Nintendo announced 3DS versions of some of their best known-franchise, but apparently, the Big N didn't have enough time to let you know that 3DS versions of Mario Kart, PilotWings and Starfox are in the pipe.
It's truly a great day for fans of Nintendo, I think you will agree, as these classic franchises make return trips in 3D:
- Kid Icarus: Uprising, the long-awaited franchise follow-up to the NES™ classic.
- Mario Kart, which shows off the potential of driving and tossing bananas in 3D.
- nintendogs + cats, a new version of the best-selling nintendogs franchise that lets players interact even more with their virtual puppies – and kittens!
- PilotWings Resort, a flying simulation that lets players soar above Wuhu Island.
- Animal Crossing, a new installment of the charming community-building franchise.
- StarFox 64 3D, a game that demonstrates the true distance and depth of outer space using Nintendo’s well-known franchise.
- Steel Diver, a new submarine-navigation game from Nintendo.
- Paper Mario, which brings paper-based 2D environments to life.
Do a barrel roll!