At its E3 2010 press conference today, Nintendo detailed their upcoming Nintendo 3DS system. The handheld Nintendo will show off 3D graphics without the use of glasses.
Satoru Iwata showed up to show off the device. Here are the bullet-points:
- It has a wider top screen: a 3.5 inch wide display,
- includes a slider control to choose the degree of 3D, from "none" to "all."
- Improved graphics capability from the current generation of DS.
- Will feature a "slide pad" controller.
- Contains motion and gyro sensors.
- Compatible with Nintendo DSi.
- Two camera lenses on the outside allows you to take photos and view in 3D!
- Capable of displaying 3D Hollywood movies. No titles yet, but Disney, WB and Dreamworks will have trailers on the thing.
- WI-fi compatible. No monthly fee for online.