Samsung goes to the extreme with their HT-C6500 system which not only has 1000 watts of 5.1 surround sound, but also features Wi-Fi connectivity to stream online content. Chris Hardwick and Jessica Chobot take a look at this household hub for $600.
What You Need To Know
- This home theater is sleek and stylish, and should fit anywhere in your house.
- The left and right speakers are only about a foot tall.
- Satellites are less than half of that.
- The subwoofer and center channel are also pretty small.
- There are also 2 HDMI inputs which is more than most home theater systems.
- This is one of the most connected home theaters on he market, since it will stream lots of different content through the Samsung Portal and from a DLNA device (like an Xbox or cell phone).
- All of these features work really well.
- Since it has built-in Wi-Fi, all you need to do is configure the settings and load up Samsung apps like Netflix, Pandora, Twitter and Skype.
- Samsung is adding more apps every day, too.
- You can also access your Xbox or cell phone media if they're on the same Wi-fi network and DLNA ready. (DLNA is a standard that a lot of gadgets have so you can share music or video over the same network.)
- Overall, streaming works really well and it's easy to set use.
- It also sounds pretty good: highs, mids and lows were all solid.
- The center channel is also stronger than we're used to with home theaters in a box, which is good.
- This is a good example of a well-rounded system. It doesn't blow you away with any one aspect but gets the job done.
- 4 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to email@example.com.