Well, it’s official. Lionhead Studio’s much anticipated adventure follow-up Fable III will be released on PC, as well as Xbox 360, this holiday.
Last week, box art for the 360 version popped up online, which included the “Only on Xbox 360 and Windows” branding, but today, Microsoft has released officially official art and details that officially confirms as much.
In addition to the PC news, Microsoft has shared information about the Xbox 360 Limited Collector’s Edition as well. While there is no edition for the Windows version, PC players will have access to the unique downloadable content included in the limited edition. If you feel like throwing down $79.99, here’s what you’ll get:
- A new quest: Uncover the mystery of the haunted forests of Silverpines and earn the legendary sword, Wolfsbane, deadly against wolves and balverines.
- Exclusive location: Unlock a new region, ideal for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures.
- Fable III playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in Fable III, including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.
- Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.
- A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.
- One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your Fable III adventures.
Now the only question is how those Project Natal-powered features in the game will be handled in the PC version. Unless of course Microsoft has some super sneaky plan to release Natal for PC as well later this year. 'Tis the season for crazy announcements, what with E3 looming and all. Guess we'll find out soon enough if my wild, caffeine-fueled speculation is true or not.