Epic Games is preparing to release the sixth title update for its gory gorefest of a shooter Gears of War 2.
The game’s executive producer Rod Fergusson posted the patch notes over at the official Gears forums, and it’s quite an extensive list. Hit the jump for some highlights.
- Adds a new public multiplayer match option called Social Xbox Live (aka player matches), open to anyone who owns all downloadable maps (that is, All Fronts Collection). We’ll be having a promotion that will dramatically reduce the cost of the All Fronts Collection.
- You can join Social Matches in progress and can quit any time without penalty, although players who quit a match early don’t receive earned experience (XP) from that match.
- If you join a match in progress, you are assigned a team based on XP level and party size.
- In Social Horde, you can join a session in progress through matchmaking and you are able to continue your session from the last wave you failed without starting over.
- In Ranked Horde, you can join a session in progress only through invites.
- An issue that could cause your profile to be overwritten, erasing XP level, and achievement progress.
- An issue that could cause a campaign save slot to be overwritten if you previously chose to continue without saving and then signed in.
There are a bunch more improvements and fixes to assess and analyze, so if you’re still a diehard Gears 2 player, you’ll definitely want to check out the full list. The patch is expected to be released in a week or so.