Imagine this whole post is written in Andy Rooney's whiney voice... I've never cared for pop music. Whether it's Color Me Badd, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, 'N Sync, Lady GaGa or the Bieber, it's all horrible ear-splitting dreck. And it's gotten even worse, as the one bit of talent that used to be required (a decent singing voice) is now rendered moot as producers can manipulate anything to sound... well... not good, but at least harmonious or wretchedly autotuned.
Which brings me to the subject of one of today's links: Ke$ha. Her first single is the misspelled version of the sound your clock makes and her second single is called Blah, Blah, Blah. Fitting for someone with a $ in their name. She's also the number #1 artist in something like 10 countries, but I guess bad taste is universal. Thankfully, the good people at CollegeHumor did a little community service and made a video that essentially rakes her over the coals. So check out the links below, and enjoy.
- FilmDrunk doubles down on Paul Rudd, with details on the script he wrote that Judd Apatow is producing, and the awesome Tim & Eric video that goes inside Paul Rudd's computer.
- CollegeHumor takes pop star Ke$ha behind the woodshed. It brought a smile to my face.
- What do Spider-man, The Matrix, Star Wars and Indiana Jones have in common? They made UnrealityMag's list of the 10 most disappointing movies of the last decade.
- Check out a gallery of bizarre hats over at Supertremendous. I don't think any belong to Lady GaGa.
- Holy Taco has 25 ridiculous senior portraits, and they're all worth a look.
- Adult Swim is offering a chance to create your own custom DVD for free, so load up on The Venture Bros. and Robot Chicken, then thank us later!