For Just Cause 2 fans looking for even more reasons to waste away hours upon hours in Avalanche Studios’ massively open-world explosion fest of a game, you’ll be pleased to know that some rather impressive new weaponry is heading your way over the coming weeks.
The first batch of downloadable content, the Black Market Aerial Pack ($1.99, 160 Microsoft Points), will be available on April 28, and it comes loaded with some utterly ridiculous items, including:
- F-33 Dragon Fly Jet Fighter: a versatile attack aircraft, equipped with twin missiles and quad-mounted mini-guns
- Multi-lock Missile Launcher: a devastating weapon of destruction featuring laser-guided auto-lock on up to four targets
- Parachute Dual Thrusters: twin parachute-mounted jets which transform Rico’s trademark parachute into one of the most nimble and powerful attack platforms.
On May 25, the Black Market Boom Pack ($1.99, 160 Microsoft Points) hits the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live, and it features three devastating weapons:
- Quad Rocket Launcher: half shotgun, half rocket launcher, all carnage
- Cluster Bomb Launcher: the natural successor to the grenade launcher
- Air Propulsion Gun: a highly experimental jet-powered blast weapon, powerful enough to send vehicles and soldiers skywards.
A jet-propelled parachute upgrade AND an air gun capable of blasting cars into the sky? Christmas is still in December, right?