So you’re sitting there playing Gearbox Software’s stylish shooter Borderlands, and you’re thinking to yourself, “Gee, this game could really use some more content, because this massive-game-plus-two-DLC-packs business just doesn’t cut it.” Luckily for you, gamer who doesn’t exist because no one could ever complain about the lack of content in Borderlands, Gearbox always aims to please, and they’ll be doing so this week with the release of “The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.”
The DLC will hit Xbox Live tomorrow and PlayStation Network and PC on Thursday. Here’s a short list of some of what awaits you in the latest add-on:
- Almost twice the size of "The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned"
- A brand new class of ultra-rare/kick-ass weapons
- New vehicles including one that allows for four players to drive and inflict damage and deal out death
- An exciting story line that picks-up where the original game left off
- Almost 30 new villain types
- A level cap increase to 61
- More difficult villains and smarter AI
If you’re looking for a more substantial look at Knoxx to find out if you should throw down $10 (800 Microsoft Points) for it, be sure to check out Rob Manuel’s excellent first-hand account of his nerve-melting experience with it. From the sounds of it, Knoxx is going to be good times indeed.