Right now in San Francisco, gaming journalists are trying out a bunch of upcoming games for the 360 at Microsoft's X10 Convention. We've been posting stories all afternoon, but if you want all your X10 info in one handy post, here you go:
- Alan Wake: This is probably the biggest news of the convention. This game was originally revealed 5 years ago, and the gaming world has been waiting since then. The wait is nearly over. Alan Wake will be out on may 18th.
- Dead Rising 2: The sequel to the zombie simulator is hitting stores on August 31; plus, Dead Rising: Case Zero, a DLC game will be released before Dead Rising 2, and will bridge the gaps between the two games.
- The Halo Reach multiplayer beta will kick off on May 3.
- Lost Planet 2 will launch in North America and Europe on May 18.
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Conviction will release at retailers starting April 13.
- Fable III will be available "this holiday."
That, in a nutshell, is the major news from X10. Of course we'll have new screenshots and videos when they're released, as well as a bunch of new hands-on looks and previews of all of these titles.
So, lemme ask ya: Of all those announcements, which bring you the greatest excitement? My top three, in order:
- Dead Rising 2: I don't care what you say: Dead Rising is among the best video games ever made for the 360. I love everything about it, from the wonky save system to the annoying characters. I can't wait to revisit this particular zombie-pocolypse.
- Alan Wake: This game will be worth the wait. Trust me.
- Fable III: I wish there was more news than just holiday release schedule, but what are you gonna do?