With GDC on the horizon, it can be difficult to keep a handle on all of the independent gaming competitions going on. The latest, however, involves G4 itself -- specifically, Mr. Adam Sessler. The Indie Game Challenge finalists were announced today and Adam will be on-hand at this month's DICE Summit on Feb. 19 to hand out the awards.
In total, more than $350,000 is up for grabs.
The Indie Game Challenge is co-sponsored by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, GameStop, and The Guildhall department at Southern Methodist University.
The finalists are divided into two categories: professional and non-professional. All finalists will have a chance to meet with a publisher while at DICE, including Sony, Nintendo, Electronic Arts, Capcom, Microsoft, Namco Bandai, THQ, Ubisoft and others.
And the winners are...
Non-Professional Category (Game/Team)
- Climb to the Top of the Castle – Two Bros. Games
- Dreamside Maroon – Terraced
- Galactic Arms Race – Galactic Arms Race
- Gear – Joshua Maiche
- Waker – Poof Productions
- Zeit2 – Brightside Games
Professional Category (Game/Team)
- Aaaa! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity – Dejobaan Games, LLC
- Altitude – Nimbly Games
- Cogs – Lazy 8 Studios
- Fieldrunners – Subatomic Studios
- Miegakure – Marc ten Bosch
- Vessel – Strange Loop Games