BioWare informed eagerly awaiting Dragon Age: Origins fans via the game's official forums that the Return to Ostagar downloadable content for the developer's fantasy RPG will be returning to Xbox Live today.
BioWare pulled Ostagar from Xbox Live after a Dragon Age title update brought about a number of unforeseen technical issues to pop up in the game. Thankfully, BioWare has addressed these issues in a new title update, which should hopefully put an end to all this drama.
An update for the PC version is expected to be ready by next week, with PlayStation 3 players having to wait a bit longer for the fixes. You can find a list of some of the problems addressed by the new title update after the break.
Title update release notes:
- Some players were unable to unlock the four achievements from Warden's Keep and the Stone Prisoner during the first four days of launch. These achievements will unlock properly once you sign in to your Xbox Live and EA accounts.
- The previous Xbox 360 update introduced an issue that relocked class specializations. This title update will resolve that issue.
- After loading a previously saved game, specializations that have been unlocked through gameplay will be available again.
- All book-based specializations will now automatically unlock once the Warden reaches level 14. Books will still be available from vendors so you can unlock these specializations before level 14.
- The Hopeless Romantic, Perfectionist and Recruiter achievements were not unlocking for some players. This issue has been resolved. To update and unlock these achievements automatically, load a saved game where the Warden has completed the requirements for these achievements.
- The Recruiter achievement will still require a recruitment to occur after the save is loaded. If you have completed all the requirements for Recruiter, and the achievement is still locked, load an earlier saved game where you are still able to recruit any party member. Once you have recruited a party member, the achievement should unlock. This should work even if your current saved game still has unrecruited characters, but you have recruited all of them in previous play.
And just in case you're on the fence about whether to pick up Return to Ostagar, check out Eric's mini-review right here.