In less than 24 hours Apple will unveil something in San Francisco. That something is widely expected to be a tablet, a device that Apple has been working on for years. Apple has confirmed it will be unveiling a new product at the event. Outside of that, however, we're in speculation territory. If you're unfamiliar with all the talk about Apple's rumored new device, I've rounded up the rumors for you.
Here's what we expect to see from Apple tomorrow:
- The name is expected to be iSlate or iPad
- A device with a 10-inch or 11-inch touch screen, like a large iPod Touch
- Focus on media-focused format for existing literature -- magazines, books, etc.
- Most existing iPhone/iPod Touch applications should work with the device
- There will be subsidized versions of the device (to provide data) to drive down the price
- Connections will be driven between both persistant 3G and Wi-Fi access
- The price will be somewhere between $500-1,000
- It will be running a modified version of the iPhone OS, not OS X
- There will be a virtual keyboard
- The touch screen will sport tactile feedback, an advancement over other touch screens
- Multi-touch will drive the new interface moreso than on iPhone
- There will be a camera, possibly two -- one on the front, one on the back
Did I miss anything? That's quite the list. I'll have to hide my wallet tomorrow...
Be sure to check back on our continuing coverage in the morning (starting at 10am Pacific) and tune in at 7pm Eastern for Attack of the Show's in-depth Apple analysis!