PC gamers will finally be able to step into the blood-soaked boots of master Italian assassin Ezio Auditore when Ubisoft releases Assassin’s Creed II on them fancy mouse and keyboard contraptions on March 16.
In addition to the standard $60 edition, there will also be a Black Edition that will include the first two downloadable "memories” (Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vanities) as well as some "additional content" for $65.
Ubisoft is remaining tightlipped about this extra content at the moment, but considering the Black Edition is only available via digital download, it seems safe to assume that it could be something along the lines of the pre-order bonuses offered by retailers for the console versions of the game. Or perhaps it's something like the extra missions found in the European Black Editions for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Whatever it is, I'm sure we'll be hearing plenty more about it in the coming weeks.
You can find all the technical specs for the PC version after the break.
- Supported OS: Windows(r) XP (32-64 bits) /Windows Vista(r)(32-64 bits)/Windows 7(r) (32-64 bits)
- Processor: Intel Core(r) 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHZ RAM: 1.5 GB Windows(r) XP / 2 GB Windows Vista(r) - Windows 7(r)
- Video Card: 256 MB DirectX(r) 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0-compliant sound card
- DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0
- DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- Hard Drive Space: 8 GB
- Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller
- Processor: Intel Core(r) 2 Duo E6700 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
- Video Card: GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 4700 or better
- Sound: 5.1 sound card
- Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, joystick optional (Xbox 360(r) Controller for Windows recommended)
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
- ATI(r) RADEON(r) X1950, HD 2000/3000/4000/5000 series