Next month, Xbox Live Arcade will be going super retro with the release of The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, a platformer influenced by the style of the 60s.... the 1860s. Winterbottom comes out on Feb. 17, for 800 Microsoft Points.
Things that are good about this game:
- Innovative platforming action
- The title character is chasing pies
- Weird time-shifting dynamic
- Looks like Edward Gorey meets Terry Gilliam
- Uses the word "Buttwit" as an insult.
At this moment, TheFeed's Jack Gaskill is playing Winterbottom in our game laboratory, and he says: "It's pretty damn whimsical." You heard it hear first.
Please enjoy this trailer:
This kind of quirky, original game is right up my alley. What about you, Buttwit? Plan to download it?