The week wouldn't be complete without another episode of Feedback, right? Don't worry, readers, we're happy to oblige. Adam Sessler, Abbie Heppe, newcomer Jake Gaskill and myself headed into the studio to discuss the week's events, debate how much Electronic Arts has managed to improve its bromance co-op series Army of Two with the sequel, Army of Two: The 40th Day, and more.
In this week's Feedback...
- I return from CES 2010 with news about the future of 3D in video games: it's overrated.
- We reflect on the avalanche of game announcements and delays we've seen in the past two weeks, including Ubisoft's potentially controversial new Assassin's Creed...with multiplayer?
- There's not much confidence that The Legend of Zelda for Wii is shipping in 2010, but that might be offset by Nintendo's decision to deliver Metroid: Other M before the year is up.
- Irrational Games becomes 2K Boston becomes Irrational Games. The world is right again.
- Find out if Army of Two: 40th Day is worth checking out, especially if you're going solo.
- A reader asks a particularly juicy question about the validity of Hollywood film directors (like, say, James Cameron) becoming involved in video games and whether there's merit to it.
Feedback, talking trash about the products shown at CES since video games decided to leave.