G4's X-Play is turning one thousand! On February 1, television’s longest running video game series will air its 1,000th episode, so we're celebrating with a show jam-packed with awesome: Hosts Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb will present a retrospective of the series’ greatest moments, there will be appearances by game industry luminaries, and much more.
The 1,000th episode will also mark the launch of X-Play in high-definition (where G4 HD is available). The six-hour celebration begins with a "Best of X-Play" marathon on Feb. 1 at 1PM ET/PT, leading into a special one-hour "X-Play 1000th” special at 6PM ET/PT, only on G4. Beginning today, Monday, January 11 you can vote for your ten X-Play favorite episodes to be shown in the five-hour, 10-episode “Best of X-Play” marathon.
The roster of 1,000th episode special appearances include:
- Will Wright, Creator of The Sims
- Cliff Bleszinski, Founder of Epic Games and Creator of Gears of War
- Todd Howard, Executive Producer and Designer for Bethesda Softworks
- Tim Schafer, Founder of Double Fine Productions
- Ted Price, President and CEO of Insomniac Games
- Brand new comedy from a surprise guest
- X-Play’s most brutal game reviews
- The first X-Play episode with Adam and Morgan, and Morgan's first television appearance on The Screen Savers.
- Adam Sessler’s first appearances on Gamespot TV and Extended Play
- An homage to Morgan’s many hair styles
- Where are they now? Featuring X-Play’s most beloved characters
Check it out on Feb. 1 at 6PM ET/PT, only on G4.