Valve is not a company to sit around twiddling their fingers. As with most games these days, Left 4 Dead 2 didn't come out of the gate "perfect," but Valve has already issued a patch for the PC version to address some issues that users have been reporting. Gamers who purchased Left 4 Dead 2 will automatically see the patch applied when Steam is booted up.
The major changes in this patch include...
- Fixed performance problem when rendering lots of decals, notably when fighting tanks with shotguns
- Fixed rcon response not working on Linux dedicated servers
- Fixed matchmaking problem matching into Advanced and Expert games
- Fix bug that would cause other specials to try to pummel a player a Charger disconnects or reconnects
- Fixed versus mode results panel being cut off in transition stats screen in non-english
- Found games: fixed non-player entries drawing the wrong type of icon in the selected item name label
- Game mode selector on main menu now takes keyboard input