I have never sprung for a special edition of game in my life, but that streak might come to an end when BioShock 2 hits shelves on Feb. 9, 2010. 2K has revealed details about the special edition, and it’s quite an impressive collection.
The special edition includes:
- 13”x13” premium packaging with special slipcase and box cover art
- Three posters featuring vintage ads from Rapture
- A vinyl 180g LP featuring the orchestral score from the original BioShock
- A CD contaiing the BioShock 2 orchestral score
- A 164-page 8”x11” hardbound artbook featuring developer commentary
All of this, and a copy of the game, will run you $99.99 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version, or $89.99 for the PC version.
I’m utterly fascinated and enthralled with the BioShock universe, so any chance I can get to devour additional Rapture-y content, I’m there. Am I right, people?