Capcom has unleashed two new gameplay trailers, over a dozen new screenshots and some new details about for its upcoming Super Street Fighter IV all for your consuming pleasure. If you hadn’t heard, SSFIV includes all the characters and features of Street Fighter IV plus new characters and retooled gameplay. One of the most notable additions is the new female character Juri, who is the first character in Street Fighter franchise history to use the Tae Kwon Do fighting style. Here are some more details to intrigue and delight you:
- Enhanced online play featuring new modes:
- Team Battles: Up to eight players can participate in 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, or 4 vs. 4 team elimination battles.
- Endless Battle: Up to eight players can participate in an endless elimination online match where the winner stays on and plays Replay Channel: Players can view recorded matches and discuss the match while watching replays of great matches from players around the world.
- Tournament Mode coming as DLC after launch.
- Bonus Stages available in arcade and challenge modes:
- Car stage: Annihilate the car with regular and special moves before the time runs out.
- Barrel stage: Players are given 20 barrels and must destroy as many as they can within the time limit.
- Gameplay has been rebalanced to provide challenges for both newcomers as well as the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.
And just in case you haven’t had your fill of new SSFIV content today, we have a pretty nifty little screenshot gallery that should do the trick.
What are your initial impressions of SSFIV? What do you think of Tae Kwon Do finally being introduced to the franchise?