If you want to take a crack at Zipper Interactive’s massively multiplayer first-person shooter, MAG, before the current fourth beta phase ends on Nov. 20, then Zipper’s senior community manager Jeremy Dunham wants you to know it’s not too late. You just need to preorder the game at GameStop (or EB Games in Canada), and you’ll receive access.
Over at the Official PlayStation Blog, Dunham highlights a few of the more than 6,000 changes that have been incorporated into the newest beta phase. Some of the improvements include:
- Increased level cap from 40 to 60
- Retooled skill tree and experience curve
- Improved ranking system
- Improvements to character hit detection and reactions
- Skill tuning that sees many of the existing skills amped up
- Refined Leadership abilities and experience points
- Proximity chat feature “that allows you to hear enemies communicating as you get closer, or trash talk them yourself as you punch ‘em full of lead.”
- Shadow War bonuses – “Depending on which PMCs are leading in the number of contracts owned, the entire PMC will earn different bonuses based on gametype. Leading in Sabotage adds experience points, leading in Acquisition increases leadership aura distance, and leading in Domination decreases tactical strike cooldown time.”
- Beta now playable 24/7
Anyone participated in the MAG betas? What are your impressions at this point?
Source: PlayStation Blog