You know what’s better than a limited edition of a game you’re looking forward to? How about a limited edition that includes extra goodies but doesn’t cost a cent more than the standard edition? A fool’s dream, you say? Hardly. Developer DICE announced today that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition will include six exclusive bonuses for the price of…zero…exclusive…bonuses...The point is it’s going to cost $60, which means there should be plenty of standard editions gathering dust on store shelves come March.
The bonus content looks something like this:
- Improved Vehicle Armor – An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
Click through to see the full list of upgrades.
- Supreme Vehicle Firepower – Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
- Vehicle Motion Sensor – Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
- Tracer Dart Pistol – This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.
- M1A1 Submachine Gun – Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.
- M1911 Pistol – Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.
Honestly, unless this is going to be a truly "limited edition" (i.e. only a set number will be made), who's going to buy the standard edition?