Avatar awards in Left 4 Dead 2? Will NXE’s glaringly unused feature finally get some developer love? Yes! Left 4 Dead 2 is one of the first games (Splosion Man implemented them as well) to let you earn gear for your avatar by accomplishing in-game feats. Think of them as secondary achievements with sweet bonus prizes.
Valve confirmed that the awards include a health pack for your avatar, a host of L4D2 shirts and Rochelle’s pretty pink Depeche Mode t-shirt, among other gifts.
There will be nine avatar awards. Six have been confirmed so far. Here's what we know:
- Left 4 Dead 2 Shirt – A Left 4 Dead 2 shirt earned by winning 10 games of Scavenge
- Left 4 Dead 2 Shirt #2 – A Left 4 Dead 2 shirt earned by winning 10 games of Scavenge
- Depeche Mode Shirt – A sweet Depeche Mode shirt earned by rescuing Gnome Chompski from the Dark Carnival.
- Depeche Mode Shirt #2 – A sweet Depeche Mode shirt earned by rescuing Gnome Chompski from the Dark Carnival.
- Zombie Hand Shirt – A scary zombie shirt earned by killing 10,000 Infected
- Zombie Hand Shirt #2 – A scary zombie shirt earned by killing 10,000 Infected
I'm definitely looking forward to having some clothing for my avatar that actually relates to the games I play; it seems long overdue. What about you? Do you care about the threads your video game self is flossing?